Interested in learning a new language? Do you like to build do-it-yourself items? Interested in Math, business or other subjects? Would you like to learn how to draw? Maybe you think you need to organize your life. Well there’s a website for you. Check out this list.
- Openculture.com – This is the big daddy of internet when it comes to knowledge and learning new things. The best free cultural & educational media on the web
- Instructables.com – Instructables is a huge community of do-it-yourselfers who actively engage in creating and sharing well-illustrated, step-by-step how-to articles on everything from building robots to repairing torn clothing to creating 3D anamorphic sidewalk art (really).
- 3. 30-Second MBA – Watch 30 second videos and get tips from business leaders.
- creative-writing-now.com – Learn how to write stories, poems, novels with the free online writing courses.
- Common Errors in English Usage – Want to know the difference between effect and affect? How to correctly use the word alot? (hint – there is no word alot) I can, and often have, spent hours at this site. It’s educational. It’s hilarious!
- Duolingo.com – Learn Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and English for free
- Khanacademy.org – “Our mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. All of our resources are completely free forever, regardless of whether you’re a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology.” – Khan Academy
- Bigthink.com – Big Think is an evolving roadmap to the best thinking on the planet — the ideas that can help you think flexibly and act decisively in a multivariate world.
- Mathrun.net – Daily brain training – A six pack for your brain.
- Academicearth.org – A comprehensive collection of free online courses from the world’s top universities.
- Youtube Channels –SciShow – SciShow discusses science news, history and concepts.
With equal parts skepticism and enthusiasm, we go a little deeper…without going off the deep end.
- Vsauce – Our World is Amazing. Subscribe for Mind-Blowing Facts & The Best of the Internet
- MinutePhysics – Simply put: cool physics and other sweet science.
- TEDEducation – TED-Ed’s Original videos aim to capture and amplify the voices of the world’s greatest educators.
- This Week In Startups – Looking to start your own company? Need strategies for improving your business of motivating your team? Just want to catch up on what’s happening in Silicon Valley and beyond? Your journey begins here.
- Drawspace.com – Everyone can learn to draw Exercise your brain, creativity, and visual intelligence.
- Degreed.com-The new degree for the new world. Students and professionals use Degreed to quantify and organize their lifelong education, from any source—formal (e.g. Harvard) and informal (e.g. Skillshare.com). Then students use their education to unlock relevant, tailored employment and learning opportunities.
- Flylady.net – It is like having a great friend who is with you all the time, who keeps tabs on all your activities and events. A solid website that can help you organize your life!
- Climbur.com – Climbur is a weekly email that provides actionable insights and big ideas from top innovators to help entrepreneurs everywhere be more successful.
- startups—FIVE THOT discover ideas, people, views, lifestyles and business – For those who lean on their right brain. Startups, ideas, business, creativity, views, marketing, all at one place.
- Powersearchingwithgoogle.com – Attend the self-paced training on Power Searching with Google and learn cool ways to structure your search queries and get back exact and relevant answers.
- 11 TED Talks That Will Change Your Life – This is an post written by Jordan Phoenix with links to 11 Ted talks that will change your life.
John Hunter – The World Peace Game
Marcin Jakubowski – Open-Sourced Blueprints for Civilization
Hyenseo Lee – My Escape from North Korea
Simon Sinek – How Great Leaders Inspire Action
Brene Brown – The Power of Vulnerability
Amanda Palmer – The Art of Asking
Derek Sivers – How to Start a Movement
William Kamkwamba – How I Harnessed the Wind
Elizabeth Gilbert – Your Elusive Creative Genius
Myshkin Ingawale – A Blood Test Without Bleeding
Hans Rosling – Let My Dataset Change Your Mindset- Uncommon Sense for 21st Century Living
- Gamesforthebrain.com – Play neverending quiz, memory & brain games to train your thinking.